28 September 2021
New Wave English Hub will be hosting a Showcase Event on Thursday 2 December 2021, 9am-2.30pm. If eligible, schools can claim up to £160 in costs to attend.
Schools can join to:
- witness best practice phonics teaching in action and gain support choosing an accredited SSP programme
- learn how to access funding and support from the English Hub programme
- understand how best to prepare for Ofsted's early reading expectations
- be inspired by our expert speakers
Criteria for selecting target schools:
- Lower than average percentage of pupils meeting the expected standard in the Phonics Screening Check (2019 PSC expected standard is 82%);
- A higher than average proportion of pupils reading below age-related expectations;
- A higher than average proportion of children eligible for pupil premium (2020/21 the pupil premium national average is 22.3%)
- Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate; a high proportion of groups considered hard to reach, such as EAL, FSM, travellers, etc.; schools referred by local partners (e.g. NLEs, RSCs, LAs, Opportunity Area teams).
Two of the above criteria must be met.
For more information, you can download the flyer.