NEW INFORMATION: Early Years Childcare Premises to Lease - Leytonstone
26 September 2022
Do you require premises to deliver childcare from?
Holy Trinity and St Augustine of Hippo, Holloway Road, Leytonstone, E11 4LD is available to be rented/leased for the provision of Ofsted registered early years childcare provision. The previous operator has recently ceased to operate, which has resulted in the premises becoming available to lease to an alternative high quality provider.
The Early Years, Childcare & Business Development Service are working with Holy Trinity and St Augustine of Hippo to assist them in sourcing a quality Early Years childcare provider to lease this venue. Expressions of interest are invited from any individuals or organisations who would be interested in leasing this property from the church for a full day care childcare provision.
By way of guidance, the previous operator offered approximately 30 places to children aged between 2 and 4yrs in the space available but it will be up to the provider to ensure they offer places in line with the statutory framework for the early years foundation stage space requirements.
Holy Trinity and St Augustine of Hippo have provided us with the following information regarding the rental/lease arrangements that they will offer:
- Full Day Care provision, Monday-Friday sessions 8am – 6pm, 48 weeks per year
- The lease will be inclusive of gas, electricity, water and sewage bills and maintenance. £38-£40K per annum (incremental increases in line with inflation and adjustments with gas prices).
- Business rates are not included in rent. As a faith institution Holy Trinity are excluded from business rates, therefore, the provider will need to check with the relevant organisation what your business rates might be.
- Includes parking for staff (no. of spaces to be agreed)
- Includes outdoor play space for children which is to be re-developed
- The pre-school is to be packed down on a Friday evening so the hall can be rented/used for church events to other individuals/organisations.
- Space includes, hall, cupboard storage space, kitchen, separate staff/children’s toilets, garden. Entrance to the separate childcare space is via a separate secure entrance and does not require use of church entrances.
- There may be an opportunity to purchase resources/equipment from the previous childcare provider.
The church is keen to have a provider in place as soon as possible, aiming for an agreed lease to be in place in Jan 2023. Expressions of interest should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 1pm on 17 October 2022.
As we are likely to receive a number of applications for this property, applications will initially be evaluated by the Local Authorities (LA) Early Years, Childcare and Business Development service. Following this initial assessment, a shortlist will be provided to Holy Trinity and St Augustine of Hippo, in order for them to select their preferred provider to whom they will offer a lease. Providers will be shortlisted and selected on the strength of the business case and the organisation's ability to demonstrate that they will be able to offer high quality childcare provision that will be financially sustainable.
The L.A will undertake the initial evaluation of all Expression of Interest submissions, using a transparent method where applicants will be evaluated based on the key items below.
Therefore, providers Expressions of Interest must include sections relating to all the points below.
- Quality - Ofsted rating/Early Years management experience/Staff qualifications
- Business sustainability – Robust business plan provided with application which includes budgetary information and financial forecasts for the new childcare provision as well as evidence of previous experience of running a financially viable business
- Premises – Plans and funding available to ensure that premises are a safe environment for children/staff/visitors and offer a quality learning environment
- Full day care provision – The Church are looking for a full day care provider for 0-4 year old children to be delivered from these premises
- Improving outcomes for children and their families - evidence of highly effective partnership arrangements for sharing information and working in partnership with other providers, schools and professionals to identify all children's needs and help them to make good progress.
It is important that you submit clear and full expressions of interest business case to allow us to evaluate your submission against each of the key requirements. We strongly suggest viewing. This can be arranged via the church directly by calling or emailing Polly Kersys-Hull on 07510053841 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos of the property can be found here