Heatwave alert Level 2
16 July 2021
A tropical blast from the Atlantic will thrust Britain into the furnace over the coming days - with the mercury soaring to a sizzling 32C . In the London region, It’s likely that high that temperatures will widely reach the high 20s Celsius and sometime reaching or exceeding 30 Celsius. However cloudier and slightly cooler conditions will bring a gradual reduction in temperatures for northern areas on Sunday and Monday, and more generally for Tuesday. There is also an increasing chance of isolated heavy showers developing later in the forecast period.
Some useful resources to cope with the ongoing hot weather conditions within the current situation (Covid-19) are here:
- Coping with the heat and covid-19 leaflet
- Advice for health and care professionals – supporting people during a heatwave
- Keep cool at home checklist
- Guidance for professionals to support children in the heat
- Advice for care home managers during heatwaves
Additional useful resources include:
- ‘Beat the Heat’ poster
- ‘Beat the Heat’ supporting leaflet
- ‘Beat the Heat: Keep cool at home – checklist
Further information about the heatwave plan including guidance for specific settings, leaflets for the public can be found here.