Early Years Task and Finish Group - Expressions of Interest
21 September 2021
This expression of interest is aimed at Managing Directors / Chairs of Trustees / Sole Traders / Operation Managers and Finance Officers
In line with the LA's statutory duty and as notified to the Borough's Schools Forum, I will be setting up and chairing an Early Years Task and Finish Group with FEEE providers across all sectors.
The remit of this group will be to review and make recommendations on:
- The Early Years Block 2022-23 funding;
- The wider consultation with all FEEE providers regarding new 2022-23 Early Years National Funding Formula (EYNFF) for 2, 3 and 4 year-olds;
- The 2022-23 Early Years National Funding Formula (EYNFF) hourly payment rates for 2, 3 and 4 year-olds
In order to ensure the effectiveness of the group it is important that we have diverse membership across range of roles within schools/settings. We are hoping to achieve 10% representation from the sector currently delivering FEEE places, this equates to the following number of representatives from each sector:
- 3 Maintained Schools (including Maintained Nursery Schools)
- 2 Academies
- 3 to 4 PVI term time providers
- 3 to 4 PVI year-round / full day-care providers (open more than 38 weeks per year and open between 8am and 6pm as a minimum)
- 5 Childminders
Expressions of interest to be part of this group are invited from Senior Leaders from School and PVI sector providers who:
- Are fully up to date with their Headcount returns, in line with the FEEE Financial procedures; and
- Have a good working knowledge of early years funding.
Members will be expected to disseminate information from the Early Years Task and Finish group to their respective sector and to collate their views for presentation at the Early Years Task and Finish Group. The membership of this group will also include LBWF service managers and officers.
We encourage those of you who provide free early education places to 2, 3 and 4 year-old children to become actively involved to ensure that your sector is truly represented and your opinions are heard.
Representatives will be expected to be able to attend all meetings between November 2021 and February 2022, so please do not express an interest in becoming a part of this group if you are unable to commit to attendance during this period.
- 10am to 1pm Wednesday 3 November 2021
- 10am to 1pm Wednesday 15 December 2021
- 10am to 1pm Thursday 27 January 2022
All expressions of interest should be returned by email no later than midnight on Friday 8 October 2021 to FEEEprovision@walthamforest.gov.uk.
If we have more applicants than available places on the group, applicants will be asked to provide a pen portrait of no more than 200 words by Friday 15 October 2021 to be circulated to all FEEE providers to decide on electing a representative for that group. The vote will take place on 18 and 19 October 2021. The final group members will be announced on Friday 22 October 2021.
Eve McLoughlin, Head of Early Years Childcare and Business Development