Early Years and Finish Group
7 October 2020
In line with the local authority's statutory duty and as notified to the Borough's Schools Forum, I will be setting up and chairing an Early Years Task and Finish Group with FEEE providers across all sectors.
The remit of this group will be to review and make recommendations on:
- The Early Years Block 2021-22 funding;
- The wider consultation with all FEEE providers regarding new 2021-22 Early Years National Funding Formula (EYNFF) for two, three and four year-olds;
- The 2021-22 Early Years National Funding Formula (EYNFF) hourly payment rates for two, three and four year-olds
In order to ensure the effectiveness of the group it is important that we have diverse membership across range of roles within schools/settings. We are hoping to achieve 10% representation from the sector currently delivering FEEE places, this equates to the following number of representatives from each sector:
- three maintained schools (including Maintained Nursery Schools)
- two academies
- three to four PVI term time providers
- three to four PVI year-round / full day-care providers (open more than 38 weeks per year and open between 8am and 6pm as a minimum)
- five childminders
Expressions of interest to be part of this group are invited from Senior Leaders from School and PVI sector providers who:
- Are fully up to date with their Headcount returns, in line with the FEEE Financial procedures; and
- Have a good working knowledge of early years funding.
Members will be expected to disseminate information from the Early Years Task and Finish group to their respective sector and to collate their views for presentation at the Early Years Task and Finish Group. The membership of this group will also include LBWF service managers and officers.
We encourage those of you who provide free early education places to two, three- and four-year-old children to become actively involved to ensure that your sector is truly represented and your opinions are heard.
Representatives will be expected to be able to attend all meetings between October 2020 and February 2021, so please do not express an interest in becoming a part of this group if you are unable to commit to attendance during this period.
- 10am to 1pm Wednesday 4 November 2020
- 10am to 1pm Wednesday 16 December 2020
- 10am to 1pm Friday 29 January 2021
All expressions of interest should be returned by email no later than midnight on Friday 16 October 2020 to FEEEprovision@walthamforest.gov.uk
If we have more applicants than available places on the group, applicants will be asked to provide a pen portrait of no more than 200 words by Tuesday 20 October 2020 to be circulated to all FEEE providers to decide on electing a representative for that group. The vote will take place on Wednesday 21 October and Thursday 22 October 2020. The final group members will be announced on Friday 23 October 2020.