Creative Phone Box Challenge for Schools
4 October 2021
Year 10 and 11 in Waltham Forest are invited to join a unique opportunity to complete a series of creative activities to transform a Red Telephone Box in Waltham Forest, beginning in October 2021, ending in summer 2022.
The activities will be led by Creative Universities, such as the University of the Creative Arts, Rose Bruford College, Middlesex University, and many more.
It aims to introduce creative topics to students in a fun and engaging way, whilst also offering an insight into what it’s like to study something creative at university. You can also request follow-up school visits, or arrange a campus visit for your students at a university.
We are also hoping the local industry professionals can also provide talks to your students to give them a better idea of the reality of being a creative professional in London.
These activities are open to all students, whatever they are studying.
How it works
- Sign up one or multiple classes (see sign-up process below)
- Please note, the Phone Box is located outside the William Morris Gallery (Lloyd Park, Forest Rd, London E17 4PP).
- Choose a timeslot (provided upon sign-up) and date to book for each class.
- On the day, your students (supervised by school staff) will make their way to the Phone Box location, where they will take part in a short 45-minute creative workshop, led by an HE partner. There is potential to have a follow-on activity, should you wish.
- Students’ work can be exhibited in the William Morris Gallery and will be available to the local community.
- There will be multiple activities and creative disciplines to explore. You can sign up multiple classes and engage with as many HE partners as you would like.
- This is a great way to satisfy Gatsby Benchmarks, make connections with HE providers in London, and engage and empower your students with creative explorations.
- To sign up one or multiple classes, please express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and inform us of the best dates/times during the school day where your students can visit the Phone Box.