Consultation on changes to the local funding formula in 2020-21
25 November 2019
As part of the school budget setting cycle the local authority is consulting on a number of areas. It’s an annual consultation. This relates to primary to secondary mainstream schools funding, both maintained and academy.
At its meeting on 13 November 2019 Schools Forum agreed a number of changes to the Local Funding Formula for 2020-21. We need to consult with you on those changes and report your views to Schools Forum on 11 December so that Schools Forum can confirm or amend its decisions.
There are THREE proposals to consider on the Schools Block:
- That the local Funding Formula be varied by moving to the National Funding Formula factors (with the exception of AWPU)
- Setting the Minimum Funding Guarantee at +1.84%
- Add any increase in funding to the Basic Entitlement – Age Weighted Pupil Unit (AWPU)
There is ONE proposal to consider on the Growth Fund:
- Should Schools Forum agree to top slice any Growth Fund shortfall over £300,000?
There is ONE proposal to consider on a High Needs Block transfer:
- Should Schools Forum agree to transfer 0.15% from the Schools Block to the High Needs Block?
Consultation closes on Friday 29 November 2019 at 5.00pm.