Agreed Syllabus for RE 2020/25
9 June 2020
The Agreed Syllabus for RE 2020-2025 will be available to download from Thursday 11 June 2020. The electronic document will be accompanied by an introductory webinar from Julia Diamond Conway on behalf of SACRE and RE Today.
It is a legal requirement for the local agreed syllabus to be reviewed every five years. Following consultation with teachers last summer, Waltham Forest Standing Advisory Council on RE (SACRE) has provided a new syllabus for local schools.
Alongside the syllabus itself, you will also find:
- A short, recorded webinar, introducing you to the syllabus and how to use it, in terms of its intent, implementation and impact.
- A slide show to accompany the webinar
- Workbooks for introducing the syllabus
- Sample long-term plans
- Links with Early Learning Goals for EYFS
- KS1 Core Knowledge Outlines
- Two sample full units of work
- Information about primary and secondary schemes of work
- Information about training for the Understanding Christianity resource.
A letter has gone out to headteachers with more information on Tuesday 9 June 2020.